It’s Easier to Win Your User Back. Look How Muzli Did It.

/
0 Comments
They say it is easier to retain a user who wants to take the exit door than acquire a new one – not just in terms of the efforts that the Marketing and Sales teams put into acquisitions, but also in terms of the money spent on them.
Today, out of curiosity, I added Muzli, a Google Chrome extension to my toolbar. No sooner had I added it I removed it because I didn’t find a need for it. And here’s what the intermediate page looked like when I hit ‘Remove’.

I loved it instantly for four simple reasons.
Yes, there is a problem.
Convincing a user to stay back begins by acknowledging that there is a problem. And the problem here is change. I, for instance, did not like the way the home page of a new tab changed when I clicked the Muzli Extension. It wasn’t bad; it was just new!
We know how that must feel.
When there is an issue, there is discomfort. More than anything users what to be heard. If you have a great product but no one to listen to the grieving user, your product is a lost bet.
But, hey, we have a solution!
Nothing makes a user happier than a solution/fix to the issue. It’s easier to provide one when you know your product well and you care enough for your users.
Try it; you’ll like us. 
No, it doesn’t end with a solution. If you do not direct the user towards the desired action, they are as good as lost. And the best way to do that is with a simple and straightforward call-to-action button.
Their content didn’t win me back to adding the Muzli Extension to my toolbar because I didn’t have a need for it, remember? But they now have one more subscriber to their newsletters.

If you are looking for design inspiration, you know where to head to!


You may also like

No comments: